- Password-protected security.
- "Point-and-click" mouse control eliminates need for
keyboard typing by interviewers.
- Personalized, customizable on-screen script minimizes
ad-libbing and deviation in the field.
- Auto-dialing feature and headset reduce interviewer
- Automatically sets recall pointer for "busy signals"
and "answering machines"
- Only phone numbers provided by fileserver can be called.
- Incidence reports track interviewer efficiency.
- Store up to 10,000 song titles in library.
- Store up to 1,000 closed ended questions.
- Maintain up to 1,000,000 test respondents.
- Test between 1 - 40 songs (user-defined).
- Test between 0 - 8 closed-ended perceptual questions
(interactive). Test an unlimited number of interviewer-asked
- Test 0 -1 open-ended questions (with answers in respondent's
voice dumped to cassette at end of week).
- All song hooks are stored digitally on computer hard-drive,
maximizing audio fidelity.
- Random selection of phone numbers improves geographic
distribution of respondents.
- Initial installation includes 5,000 names and phone
numbers of prospects in target demo specified by station
from SSI (the company Arbitron uses to recruit diary
- Future random phone number generation is based on
phone blocks from which successful completion was achieved.
- Defaults determine which of up to 45 radio stations
will be included in cume and/or preference sample (user-defined).
7 changeable default demo cells (user-defined). Up to
- Ethnic groups, with optional maximum caps (user-defined).
Can be reset while testing is underway: 1-5 demo quotas
(user-defined) 1-2 gender quotas (user-defined)
- Cume/Preferred logic settings (user-defined)
- Random playback of song loop eliminates traditional
"order bias;" no song is always first or always last!
- Respondent doesn't have to wait for hook to end to
enter answer; improving efficiency and minimizes fatigue.
- Continuous data collection; if a respondent bails
out before completing the test, all data up to that
point is collected.
- Three strikes and you're out; three out-of-range responses
to any question or song terminates the test.
- Automatic panel building; those completing test are
asked if they wish to participate again in the future.
If so, the record is tagged for a 30-day callback (user-defined).
Lets user control how often and how many times panels
are re-called, and what percentage of each cycle’s sample
is comprised of panels.
- On-line Incidence report instantly shows attempted
calls, unqualified, terminates, test takers, call backs,
- Incidence report also shows raw counts and percentages
of demo, cuming, and core of all completes (user-defined
- Intuitive screener employs "fuzzy logic" technology,
eliminating confusing skip patterns for interviewers.
- Reports and browses can be run and re-run at any time
during the testing period.
- Demo ranges and gender selection for all reports are
- Color-keyed browse and bar graphs display ”safe" songs
in green, borderline songs in yellow and poor-testing
songs in red (user-defined).
- Basic reports show familiarity, positive acceptance,
favorite and burn factor for each song.
- Weekly trend report shows all four variables for each
song, as well as the previous two weeks’ results.
- Dynamic data collection means reports for any week
can be run at any time; previous test results are always
- Export song testing results to PowerGold music scheduling
- Report Builder (similar to Crystal Reports) allows
you to design your own customized reports, including
any and all song data fields you desire.
- Interactive online help screens throughout program.
- Automatic paging for technical support.
- User's Guide clearly defines how to perform tasks.
The entire ComQuest User's Guide
is now on-line, 24/7.